Debugging Error Message

Having a problem using the forums? Have any suggestions to improve this site? Please post your questions and suggestions here.
BlueMolly2006
Lord
Lord

Debugging Error Message

Post by BlueMolly2006 »

I just wanted to tell you that I keep getting this error message:
Couldn't obtain category list.

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 12 from storage engine

SELECT c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order FROM phpbb_categories c, phpbb_forums f WHERE f.cat_id = c.cat_id GROUP BY c.cat_id, c.cat_title, c.cat_order ORDER BY c.cat_order

Line : 329
File : functions.php
I just wanted to let you know about it.
Roemello
King Radiance
King Radiance

Post by Roemello »

When viewing what? I've gotten an error once in the cp, but it was a temp glitch that fixed itself on a refresh... sometimes it hiccups like that, though still curious what was being viewed...
BlueMolly2006
Lord
Lord

Post by BlueMolly2006 »

It was in the View New Posts section.
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

I also got a debug error message like that. I got it after signing in with my ID & pass. I backed and tried again, same error. So I backed twice and clicked Login again, and I was already logged in.
BlueMolly2006
Lord
Lord

Post by BlueMolly2006 »

I just tried getting into here and kept getting that debugging message that I posted. Also, I noticed the forums seem to be loading slower than usual. It's not my connection because the other sites I go to load fast for dialup.
Roemello
King Radiance
King Radiance

Post by Roemello »

It's a server issue... memory error. It was rendering the board completely dead for a while just now, but seems to be back after an optimization... see how that does...
BlueMolly2006
Lord
Lord

Post by BlueMolly2006 »

Thanks, Roem. :) It seems to be working better now. :)
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

Just started getting them again as a heads up. I got this one right off the main forum page when I first tried to go onto this site:
General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions s WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1184332115 ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.session_ip ASC

Line : 207
File : page_header.php
I also got one while trying to post, and then while trying to view my post. Notably the post went through, I just also got the error at the same time.
Diofan
Duke
Duke

Post by Diofan »

Been getting them here as well!
General Error

Could not obtain user/online information

DEBUG MODE

SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_sessions s WHERE u.user_id = s.session_user_id AND s.session_time >= 1184335283 ORDER BY u.username ASC, s.session_ip ASC

Line : 207
File : page_header.php
You know the big wheel keeps on spinnin around
And Im goin with some hesitation
You know that I can surely see
That I dont want to get caught up in any of that
Funky $hit goin down in the city
Administrator ~ The 70's, Eighties Euphoria
Roemello
King Radiance
King Radiance

Post by Roemello »

Seems to be up and running again. This a server side issue that the hosts need to fix... I sent a support ticket in this afternoon and now it's working again, so maybe it's been taken care :) I'll check my ops for any replies tonight...
Nakor
Commanding Knight
Commanding Knight

Post by Nakor »

Just curious, is it best for us to keep posting these as they occur? :)
Roemello
King Radiance
King Radiance

Post by Roemello »

Yes, absolutely :) Anything like that where there's a database error, let me know :) Most I can fix myself, but this one was a server side issue which I'm happy to report was resolved today :) I got a very nice and apologetic response from the hosts for the inconvenience and all is working fine now :) But if it's happening when I'm not around or aware, definitely good to know so I can get it taken care of.